Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 4 + Task 4

In Day 4, the main themes of the lecture are the Creative Commons, Shared Culture and the Open Source Software.

Firstly, the Creative Commons and the notion of shared culture was found by Lawrence Lessig in 2002. His main argument is to redefine the concept of copyright and it restriction. He created the license of Creative Commons to give the creator space to be creative and with reasonable copyrights to share work with others and have a credit for it.

Secondly, the Open Source Software, is a new concept for me that I learned from the lecture today. I used to think that the free software don't have the same qualities as the closed or the commercial software which turnout to be wrong idea.
Finally, am very interested to instal the Open source software such as Linux to my laptop to experience the difference proprietary and the open source.

Today's task:-


this video shows the best of my photo collection that I captured in last few years in Australia, New Zealand and Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment